Regarded as the pre-eminent tourism consultants in Africa and further afield, Grant Thornton’s tourism, hospitality and leisure unit has over 25 years of unparalleled expertise across a range of tourism industry sectors, servicing a varied client base.
Grant Thornton’s tourism hospitality & leisure consulting team is committed to building tourism success both in South Africa and the rest of Africa.
- Grant Thornton is involved in the tourism industry through various industry forums including serving on the national board of SATSA, conducting accreditations for SAACI and assisting with the organisation of the HICA conference and awards for the TBCSA.
- We partner with TBCSA and FNB to produce the quarterly Tourism Business Index (TBI). The index provides a national indication of the current and future performance, across the various businesses operating within the South African travel and tourism sector.
Range of services
- feasibility studies, market analysis, financial evaluations & business plans
- project conceptualisation, planning, implementation & appraisal
- strategic planning
- market research
- policy formulation
- strategy formulation / facilitation
- marketing & promotional strategy
- corporate & organisational strategy
- economic impact studies
- operation reviews
- operator-selection & contract review / negotiations
- privatisation strategies
- quality assessment & grading
- system reviews & implementation.
- tourism planning and development
- tourist accommodation
- airports & airlines
- casinos & gaming
- food service & catering
- travel and tourism services
- meetings, incentives, conferences & exhibitions
- sport & leisure
- tourist retail / shopping
- tourist attractions.
- public & private sector organisations
- promoters / developers
- owners & financiers
- small & large businesses
- new as well as established operators
- national, provincial & local government & tourism authorities.
Strategic alliances in associated disciplines
- cultural heritage experts
- designers & town planners
- property experts.