Whether you are looking to grow your business through an acquisition or to divest of a business at the highest possible value, Grant Thornton has the skills and expertise to help you achieve your business objectives.
The process of buying or selling a business is fraught with significant challenges. Many of these can cause seemingly attractive deals to be terminated prior to completion. Grant Thornton can guide you through this complicated process to ensure that your desired transaction comes to fruition.
Selling a business
Grant Thornton’s mergers and acquisitions team has extensive experience in the transaction process.
We have the requisite skills and industry contacts to assist you in realising the maximum value through the sale of your business.
Our core services include
- assisting you with the planning of the sale and the preparation of the business to ensure that information that will be given to potential acquirers is of a high standard
- performing a valuation of your business and advising you of a realistic selling price
- ensuring that the value you realise through the transaction is optimised by selecting the most appropriate approach to selling your business, either through an offer to a few selected parties or through an auction process
- using our extensive networks and other proven marketing techniques to identify and make contact with potential acquirors
- preparing an information memorandum which provides potential acquirors with a detailed understanding of the business
- providing tax structuring advice to ensure that tax payments that may arise from the sale of your business will be minimised
- steering the entire transaction process, being the primary contact for potential acquirors and their financial and legal advisors and assisting you in the negotiation of the transaction.
Buying a business
Our Corporate Finance division has advised numerous companies and individuals in the acquisition of a diverse range of businesses.
We can provide assistance with:
- identifying and approaching potential acquisition targets, whether locally or internationally through the Grant Thornton global network
- performing a valuation of a target company and advising you on a sensible price for the business and on the return you are likely to generate from your investment
- assisting you in the negotiation of terms with the seller
- providing assistance in raising debt or equity to fund the acquisition.
Grant Thornton Corporate Finance has the necessary experience and expertise to guide you through the entire transaction process. Our hands-on approach, with significant partner involvement, will ensure that you are able to meet your strategic objectives.